Tuesday, February 11, 2003

i will go to the land of my birth
stand tall and proud with none of the trappings of my usual life
look each of my supposed family in the eye
and laugh as they finally realize the severity of what they've done
they will never know what hit them
because i'm on my farewell tour
the next time i go, they will not know
and they will not recognize what i have become
undone the bounds of my birth
taken up the mantle of change
my blood burns with the fire of the heat of my land
which is more than can be said for theirs

we don't even have that in common
supposed family

when i drop my bomb you will cry
and i will laugh because the news will hit you so damn hard
and i'll watch and listen with a smile on my face
as you try to save face
as you try to apologize

I know the truth
I know what you all have done

and i will go to the land of my birth
stand tall and proud with none of the trappings of my usual life
look each of my supposed family in the eye...

and laugh as they finally realize the severity of what they've done.

keep dreaming.

No comments: