Wednesday, November 16, 2005

i stand outside and let the rain lash me
the wind howls with a rage i cannot unleash
thunder grumbles
damn that force, damn its rage
i'm tired of being lonely, alone
it's just me and the Storm
the eye of the Mother watching down
i scream, i howl, i curse and i growl
but the wind steals my voice
keeps it and drowns it deep within itself
and the tears i cry
are as nothing
i don't feel the cold, the rain, the storm
thunder grumbles...quietly, quietly
about as quiet as the blood pounding in my ears
i am still insignificant
and yet...
and yet...


i embrace the storm.
one day the storm will embrace me...


give me its flesh and blood
one who understands the beauty of the lash
the purple of lightning
the soft grumbles of thunder

and my rain won't fall

No comments: