Friday, January 26, 2007

i idly wonder...
where you'll be when i get home
you're always off with the sunrise
and while i drive into the wayward afternoon sun

i'll
never
catch
up

you hold me close and give me importance
but then, you always turn away and flee
while i fear losing my freedom
and losing the others that i love
even though i love you
and maybe that scares you
enough to run home to your ghost in the shell
surround yourself with pictures
and drown yourself in memories
i love you, my dearest one
more than these limited words
can ever explain

but i'm tired
of holding your hand
while you think of someone else
tired
of building you up
just so you can break yourself down again
so tired
of teaching you how to swim
when all you want to do is drown

someday, love
when you finally decide on me
you'll come looking and all you'll find are...

my well-worn tracks
maybe these words
some pictures of us
ghosts of memories

because you took too long in deciding
that you could swim on your own
that you were better off whole
that my hand fit yours so well

i'm strong enough for the both of us
but that doesn't mean i want to carry dead weight

by the time you see things from my point of view...
i will only be a memory to you.

No comments: